Hi everyone, another outstanding week of competition by our little athletes both at our one and only Ringwood twilight with 212 PB’s and to those athletes that competed at state events. Team Ringwood collected 14 Gold, 7 Silver and 3 Bronze medals, with a number of athletes achieving a state place. That put team Ringwood in 6th place overall for the state medal tally. For all athletes that medalled well done and for all athletes that competed, that is a great achievement to represent Team Ringwood at a State event. For athletes that did not achieve a place at state or did not attend at all, keep persisting you can achieve it!!
This week is our amazing Boost Health Collective Centre Games and our final week of competition. It is a longer event than normal because this week we allow out athletes to choose their favourite events, maybe bag some bling and have fun with their athlete mates. Here are a few things to help you on the day:
- Volunteering is essential this week as this day is longer, so please follow the instructions to fulfil your duty. If you have multiple athletes, you will be assigned multiple duties. Remember it’s the last week and this event is all about our kids. Please see Belinda on your way in to register for your duty. Link to the duties list : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mqEXIDTeQYkJUANBWOXot7xibj4snok9QJa2IeDNEaI/edit?usp=share_link
- If you do not perform your duty, your athlete will not be allowed to participate in their events.
- If you cannot perform a duty, please organise with another family to swap (where possible) and let us know when you sign in.
- Please arrive prepared at your duty a minimum of 10 minutes before your scheduled time and note closed toe appropriate shoes are required for all duties.
- There may be times where we call for help during the program, so if you are free and can help any assistance will be appreciated.
- For those on setup, we ask you arrive at 7.30am as there will be lots to setup and if any other parents fall out of bed, feel free to come down and provide extra help.
- Note that our first event is Javelin starting at 8:30 (athletes need to marshal by 8:15) and our first track event is Long Hurdles starting at 8:45am (athletes need to marshal by 8:30am).
- Athletes need to marshal 15 minutes before their event to the marshal area.
- Don’t forget that full centre uniform is expected, that includes the Coles and CommBank patches. If your athlete forgets their patches, you will need a gold coin donation to print another on the day. Head to the pavilion for assistance.
- Please do not enter the infield or any part of the track, unless you are assigned a duty. Safety as always is at the top of mind, so please watch the track and watch out for throws and if you see a hazard, please rectify if possible or let a committee member know.
- The Centre Games booklet will be available for a $2 donation all going to the RCH GFA.
- The event Program will be up on boards for your reference.
- Presentations will be conducted as timely as possible. Sometimes results are delayed, please be patient.
- First Aid as always is available in the pavilion.
- It is forecasted to be a warm sunny day so please stay hydrated and SunSmart. We will have our 6-tap water station operating and as many marquees in use as possible. We will be monitoring the athletes and conditions to ensure it remains safe for all.
- BBQ & Canteen will be open all day with all the usual favourites along with Burgers for lunch and some additional Canteen options and lots of options to remain cool.
- If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to reach out to a committee member.
Finally, remember that Centre Games is our last event of the Summer Track and Field season. Lets all keep calm to make this a memorable day for our kids. They will have lots of fun and hopefully achieve more PBs and even some bling. Once the final presentations are completed and you leave the track, this will be the event talked about and remembered for years to come. I wish all our athletes a great Centre Games and that they achieve their Personal Best.
Things to know – Information Hub
AGM and awards presentation day – This is officially scheduled for Saturday 1st April (not a joke) from 10am -12pm. More information will be provided prior. Weather permitting, we hope to have some fun activities for the athletes.
Cross Country – coming soon
As part of your membership, you can compete in the cross-country events during the cooler months on Sunday mornings from about 9am-10.30am. There is also a Saturday session hosted by our friends at Knox, if you can’t make Sundays. This is a great way for athletes to keep fit and connected to each other in the “down time”. Team Manager needed – We need someone to assist Belinda this cross-country season. Its very easy and non-time consuming. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. to express your interest in either a team manager role or to register for cross country.
Have a question? Have a suggestion? For any queries feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
See you at the track,
Jason (RLAC President)