Hi everyone, happy new year and I hope you had a great break and it was good to get a little downtime from athletics. While we are more than half way into the Track and Field season, let me assure you it’s a busy and exciting second half of athletics. There is lots on, so here are some key dates for upcoming special events and activities:
- Ringwood are now hosting 4 pillars on 14th Jan (this Saturday) so as usual for those families coming, we will need volunteers on the day
- Training commences on 17th Jan
- EMR T&F entries for U9 and up close 29th Jan – Don’t forget to enter as this is a great event
- State relays held at Lakeside 4TH Feb
- Sun 5th afternoon competition from 2pm – 5pm
- Saturday 11th Relayathon – Key fund raiser for the Royal Childrens Hospital Appeal
- Sunday 12th Hurdles clinic 1 with Peter Benifer, more information to follow
- U6-U8 Training Clinic 1 (TBC)
- Sat 18th and Sun 19th EMR Track & Field at Doncaster for U9-U17
- Sat 18th U6-U8 carnival at Ringwood
- Sat 25th Ringwood Gift
- Tuesday 7th March Hurdles clinic 2 with Peter Benifer (TBC)
- Friday 10th March is our one and only Boost Twilight
- Sat 11th and Sun 12th State Track & Field at Lakeside
- U6-U8 Training Clinic 2 (TBC)
- Sat 25th Centre Games
- Presentation and AGM (Conclusion of summer season).
April\May – Cross Country season starts.
Things to know – Your Information Hub
For any queries feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are lots of special events and extra activities we are including to give your athletes as much opportunity to continually perform their personal best. As always refer to our calendar on the website for all competition dates and upcoming special events.
Refer to our calendar https://ringwoodlac.com.au/athletics-ringwood-events-calendar/
First day back is 4 pillars Ringwood Jan 14th 2023 – 4 pillars is a set, combined event style competition and we invite 3 other centres to compete together; Box Hill, Nunawading and Doncaster; as numbers are usually low during the break. Note that Kew will also be included this year. Please sign up for a duty using the link https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D45AEAE28A1FDC34-4pillars4
Weather advice – RLAC committee are very aware of the forecasted intense heat. At this stage 4 pillars will proceed, with the following heat exhaustion minimisation strategies activated:
- Modifications to the program to minimise the risk of heat exhaustion
- Extra sun cream and shade provided at field events where possible to minimise athletes’ exposure to direct sun
- A water station with 6 taps will be available at the front of the main entry
- First Aid personnel, as always, available in the pavilion
- Continual monitoring of weather conditions and athletes health.
Please be assured we are taking every measure to ensure the safety of the athletes.
Training – Training returns on Tuesday Jan 17th. Relay training – Don’t forget to squeeze in some relay training as well, its only a few weeks until state!!
Athlete Clinics – Ringwood are trialling 2 Hurdles clinics and 2 U6-U8 Special On Track clinics. These will be specialised sessions to enhance athlete skills. For the U6-U8 clinics, we will require attendance from the AGMs. More dates and information to come.
EMR Track & Field event 2022/23 at Doncaster– By now you should have received an email from LAVic advising you that entries for the 2022-2023 EMR T&F event are open. Register now so you do not miss out. This season it is at Doncaster on their new track and facilities so it will be fantastic. Registration cut-off is Jan 29th 2023.