All – to advise that LAVic is closely monitoring the rapidly developing events concerning the coronavirus epidemic, and the possible implications for Little Athletics activities such as Centre competition, coaching, training and the upcoming State Track & Field Championships.
LAVic is being advised on a daily basis by the Victorian sporting peak body, Vicsport, the Victorian State Government body Sport & Recreation Victoria, and the Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS).
At this point, the State Track & Field Championships will proceed as planned.
Further, Centre Competitions and other Little Athletics activities should also proceed as normal.
In the event LAVic receives advice to the contrary, the Little Athletics community will be advised at the earliest opportunity.
Notwithstanding the above, all of us in Little Athletics have a role to play in minimising the risk of coronavirus infection to ourselves and others. All attendees to Little Athletics activities are strongly encouraged to:
Practice healthy hand hygiene by washing hands regularly, and particularly after going to the toilet
Self isolate – if ill, and stay at home to minimise the risk of spreading the illness to others
Practice good cough etiquette, such as coughing into your elbow
Avoid touching your face
- Practice healthy hand hygiene by washing hands regularly, and particularly after going to the toilet
- Self isolate – if ill, and stay at home to minimise the risk of spreading the illness to others
- Practice good cough etiquette, such as coughing into your elbow
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid using your fingertips, where possible, when using public surfaces, such as door handles, lift buttons, machines, water taps, rails, etc.
- Have discussions with your Little Athletes and siblings regarding the previous points, the reasons for them and the implications and doing them and not doing them.
While we recognise the serious health threat posed by the coronavirus to the community, we sincerely hope that all remain healthy and safe and that the coming months provide great Little Athletics memories for all the right reasons!
The LAVic team