At Little Athletics, our emphasis is on Family, Fun & Fitness. Children can join with any level of skill or fitness. Ringwood also has a multi-class athlete group for athletes with disabilities. Children are encouraged to achieve personal bests (PB’s), giving each and every child the opportunity to continue to improve and earn bronze, silver and gold medals throughout the season.
Interested in trying Little Athletics? If you haven’t previously joined an Athletic Centre we offer free trial given you an opportunity to try athletics on two (2) trial competition days to see if athletics is right for you. If you would like to try aths for the first time, please complete the online trial registration. Once registered for your free trial simply attend our trial competition days (usually weeks 1 & 2) to give aths a try. Our season start has been affected by the COVID pandemic, so please be patient as we finalise everything before our first week of competition planned for Saturday 28th November, 2020. For any further queries please email email@example.com.
Age Group Calculator
Not sure what age group your child is? Here’s a useful link from Little Athletics Victoria to make it crystal clear.
- The Little Athletics Track and Field Season runs from October through March – athletes can start mid-season if you have missed the commencement of the season
*Season 2020/21 – November start date due to COVID pandemic.
- The Little Athletics Cross Country Season runs from April through August
- Saturday morning competition commences at 8:30am and completes for all athletes at 12:00pm (younger athletes may finish earlier). Older athletes have the opportunity to commence at 8:00am for additional events.
*Beginning of Season 2020/21 we will roll-out modified programs to ensure COVID-Safe protocols are being managed appropriately.
- Friday night competition starts at 5:30pm and runs until 9:00pm and usually coincides with a long weekend or weekend Region or State event
- Athletes must be at least five years old at the time of registration and we offer competition up to Under 16’s
- Our registration fees are $182^ per athlete for a the 2020/21 Track and Field season, with family discounts available for multiple athlete registrations (fees are reviewed each season). This fee also covers the cost of our Cross-Country season.
^Registration fees To Be Finalised, with discounts offered to returning families, and tiered for multiple child registrations
- Athletes are required to purchase a top for their allocated team, priced at $35. Teams are generally decided by school attended – see our uniform volunteers to work our what team you are part of.
- Volunteering is critical to the running of a Little Aths competition. And as of season 2020/21 it will now be a mandatory aspect of registration at Ringwood Little Athletics Centre that parents assist on a weekly basis with the running of Little Aths. A weekly duty roster is available via Sign Up Genius.
Simply click the image below and register which activity you want to assist with.