In 1994 RLAC made the front cover of the Melbourne A-K white pages with a photograph of some of our younger athletes. A great recognition for the Centre.
By 1995, five clubs were left out of the original ten. Registrations had settled to an average of 300, compared to the 1054 in the first year- a reflection of natural demographics shifting in the Ringwood area over 25 years. The Clubs were Heathmont, Ringwood Heights, Mullum, Maroondah and Southwood – and each remains as teams to this day.
During the 1995/96 season, Proclamation Park received its first red rubber track. This meant that during construction, the weekly competitions were held at either Croydon or Doncaster tracks. It meant a lot of running around but well worth it when we resumed at Proclamation Park, after the Christmas break, on our brand new track.
1999/2000 season saw the re start of electronic timing (first used in 1970 – believe it or not!!) for the front straight at RLAC. It meant less volunteer timekeepers were required as the two banks of timekeepers with stop watches was now reduced to one..
During the late 90’s the eastern embankment area just past the finish line, began its transformation to a tiered seating area thanks largely to a lot of hard work by parents over numerous working bee’s. The shade sails were added in progressive seasons to provide the Centre with an excellent, shady viewing area that was also utilized by some of the Clubs for their base.
The first grandstand was built at the southern end of the track providing much needed shelter and another viewing location. The stand was named after Peter Oliver for his many years of service to Ringwood Little Athletics.