Reschedule of Dates & Competition for Season 2020/21
Dear RLAC Patrons,
As most of you would be well aware, due to the 5-day snap lockdown last week, decisions from our governing body – Little Athletics Victoria (LAVIC) have impacted the final few weeks of competition – at Centre, Regional & State level.
With some changes to carnival dates at Regional & State level, the Committee have made some adjustments to the final few weeks of our weekly competition schedule.
Please find below the dates & relevant competitions for the remainder of the 2020-21 Track & Field Season:
- Saturday 27/2 – Modified Competition for U6-U8s only @ Proclamation Park, Ringwood
- Sat 27/2 & Sun 28/2 – Regional (EMR) Track & Field Carnival @ Knox Athletics Centre
- Friday 5/3 – Twilight Competition (Labour Day Long Weekend) @ Proclamation Park, Ringwood
- Friday 12/3 – Twilight Competition inc. RLAC Gift @ Proclamation Park, Ringwood
- Sat 13/3 & Sun 14/3 – State Track & Field Championships @ Lakeside Stadium, Albert Park
- Saturday 20/3 – Ringwood Centre Games @ Proclamation Park, Ringwood (Final Competition Day).
NOTE: Entries close Thursday 25th February – entries via online portal
- Sat 27 & Sun 28/3 – State Relay Championships @ Casey Fields, Cranbourne
All considerations were taken into account, with our aim to try and provide as great an opportunity for all age groups to have some form of competition available each week between now and our finale on Saturday 20th March – Centre Games.
Precedence was placed on holding both The Gift & Centre Games as these two flagship special events were unable to go ahead last season.
We realise that these changes won’t suit everyone and that some families will be more impacted than others, this is simply the nature of athletics and the on-going situation with covid-19.
The Committee have worked tirelessly to ensure we had a season this year and I ask everyone respect the decisions that have been made for the remainder of this season.